15 Facts about Robin Koch
Check out 15 facts about our new signing.
1) Robin Koch was born in Kaiserslautern, Germany on Wednesday 17th July 1996.
2) Robin Koch is the son of Harry Koch, the central defender who played over 250 games for 1. FC Kaiserslautern from 1995-2003.
3) Prior to his move to Leeds, Koch has made senior appearances for three German clubs- Eintracht Trier, 1. FC Kaiserslautern and SC Freiburg.
4) The defender made his Bundesliga debut on Sunday 22nd October 2017 as Freiburg drew 1-1 with Hertha BSC.
5) He scored his first Bundesliga goal on Saturday 13th January 2018 in a 1-1 draw between Frieburg and Eintracht Frankfurt.
6) Koch was part of the Germany Under-21s squad which finished as runners-up in the 2019 European Championship.
7) Koch won a total of five caps for Germany’s Under-21s.
8) On Wednesday 9th October 2019, Koch was handed his senior Germany debut, playing 90 minutes in a 2-2 draw with Argentina.
9) To date, Koch has won a total of two senior caps for Germany, with his second cap coming against Belarus on Saturday 16th November 2019.
10) During the 2019/20 season, Koch made 32 league appearances for SC Frieburg, helping the club finish in eighth place in the Bundesliga.
11) During the last campaign, Koch scored two goals for Frieburg, which both came in home matches against Union Berlin in the Bundeliga and DFB-Pokal.
12) To date, Koch has 175 appearances under his belt for all clubs in all competitions and has scored eight goals.
13) Koch becomes the third German player to join Leeds in our history, after Pierre-Michel Lasogga and Felix Wiedwald.
14) There is a familiar face for Koch at Leeds United in the form of Mateusz Klich, having both played at 1. FC Kaiserslautern together.
15) Having been included in the latest Germany squad, Koch could play against fellow new recruit Rodrigo, when they take on Spain on Thursday 3rd September.