Following a period of consultation in relation to GDPR, business intelligence and the wider use of data across the clubs and its sites, Leeds United wish to appoint a Data Manager.
The Data Manager will play a central role to the business – working primarily into the IT department but with overlaps into Commercial, Ticketing, Marketing and beyond. They will act as the key contact for all data related activities. From fan registration to compliance. From CRM management to reporting.
We are looking for an up and coming Data Manager who has several years’ experience to oversee the development and use of data across Club systems – covering all departments. This will blend offline data and virtual data with the latter covering spreadsheets to SQL; a full range of operating methods are at play.
The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the Club as well as within.
Data Manager Responsibilities Include:
• Being the central point of contact for Club questions in relation to data
• Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management, which have recently been introduced through the Club’s GDPR compliance programme
• Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
• Devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
• Management of the CRM, providing expertise on the journey towards a single customer view
• Utilising the clubs applications, such as Talent for ticketing and Perform Group for website, for greater, compliant, data capture
• Discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality, whilst providing relevant access, reporting and intelligence to the business
• Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
• Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
• Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
• Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
• Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
• Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
• The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience as a Data Manager and a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures
• You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• An excellent and proven understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
• Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
• An ability to demonstrate an analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• A BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field would be of benefit but not essential
In return, Leeds United will offer a generous starting package, with further in Club benefits. Training for specific areas of the role can be provided for the right candidate as we invest into mutual success in post.
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
• Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
• Up to date curriculum vitae
• Details of current remuneration
Please send your letter of application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th September 2018