The safety and wellbeing of our young people and adults at risk is central to the Leeds United values.


The safety and wellbeing of our young people and adults at risk is central to the Leeds United values.

Leeds United:

  • is fully committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and Football Association requirements.
  • will make sure that all children, young people and adults at risk have the same protection regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity.
  • has established policies and procedures for safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk across the club and Foundation, that are underpinned by the understanding that safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility.

All staff and volunteers receive training and support in the delivery of the safeguarding policy and procedures to ensure we maintain a safe and positive environment and are empowered to listen to concerns and act accordingly.

If you are concerned about the immediate safety or welfare of a child or adult at risk please contact: 999

    Head of Safeguarding & EDI

     Helen Evans (07425 640576 or

Designated Safeguarding Officers

     Academy: Sarah Conway (07467907664)

     College: Claire Ford

     Foundation: Gary Waddington

     Women's Team: Julie Lewis


What is the minimum age you can attend on your own?

Ticket holders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Unaccompanied children under the age of 16 years will not be admitted into the stadium.

If I am under 16 can I sit on my own?

You must be sat next to the adult who you came with.

Can I go to the toilet without my parent?

Your parent should accompany you to the toilet so that you do not get lost. It is a large stadium with a lot of people in it and it is easy to lose your way.

Can I buy food at the bar and go without my parent?

Whilst you can be served at the bar with food, ideally your parent should accompany you to avoid you getting lost or disorientated.

As a parent, can I leave my child in their seat whilst I go to the bar / food stand?

Your child is your responsibility while with us. You should not leave your child unaccompanied in their seat.

Where shall I go if I lose my child?

You should talk to your child about what they should do in this situation before you visit and make sure they have your mobile phone number for emergencies.

When you arrive, walk around the area so that you are familiar with the landmarks and agree with your child where you will meet them if they get lost.

Take time to point out the stewards to your child so they know who to speak to if you do become separated.

If you do become separated from your child alert the nearest steward, they will be able to help you.

Where do I go if I lose my parent?

If you become separated from your parent do not leave the Stadium. Go to your nearest steward they will help you. If you have arranged a meet up place with the adult who brought you tell the Steward, and they can take you there.

What should I do if fans are behaving aggressively / drunk around my child?

The Stadium can be a loud and daunting experience for a child. You should prepare them in advance about how loud the Stadium may be. If fans are acting inappropriately around you, please notify your nearest steward.

You can anonymously alert the club to anti-social behaviour in the stadium by using the matchday text service and the club will address any issues on the day. The number is 07887 514 789 Please note it the text and only in use on matchday.

If you wish to report an offence you can contact the Safety Officer on 0113 367 6026; or by post to Safety Officer, Leeds United Football Club, Elland Road, Leeds, LS11 0ES

Is there a family area?

Yes. This is in the East stand

Can I bring a baby into the Stadium?

Yes. You can bring a baby to the Stadium, but they must have a valid match ticket and an allocated seat, even if they are a baby in arms. Please be aware that the noise levels at a game are high and may cause damage to young ears - ear protection should be used.

What should I do in an emergency?

Listen to any instruction given on the PA system, listen and do exactly what the Stewards are telling you to do. All Stewards are trained to the highest standard and will tell you what to do and where to go in an emergency.

I am a Child; will I be searched when I come to the Stadium?

If a Steward suspects that you are concealing something that is not permitted into the Stadium, then you will be asked to produce the item, and if you refuse and the Steward still suspects you are carrying something then you will be asked to empty your bag or pockets. Failure to do so will result in you not being allowed into the ground.

I have a disability – Is there somewhere safe for me to view the match?

To ensure easier access, tickets for disabled supporters are located in designated areas of the Stadium. However, concession prices for ambulant disabled supporters are available in all stands.

Match Day Lounge: The Eddie Gray Suite is an exclusive facility located in the North West Corner offering a range of refreshments. Access to the Eddie Gray Suite is restricted to disabled supporters and their personal assistants only due to limited capacity. No additional family members will be admitted. Toilets are operated with radar keys, which are available from designated stewards.

Headsets: Headsets for visually impaired supporters are available on a pre-booking basis by contacting our Disability Liaison Officer on 0113 367 6178 or email . To utilise a headset, a deposit of £20 is required. All headsets must be returned to the West Stand Security Office immediately after the game. The deposit will be refunded upon receipt of the headset. Any headsets not returned will be charged the full cost of replacing the headset and unit.

I have a disability - Can my assistant come with me?

A Personal Assistant will be admitted without charge in line with our club specific points system on condition that the PA provides support and assistance to the disabled supporter as required. The club will require the disabled supporter and Personal Assistant to enter the ground at the same time, through the relevant disabled entrances.

Personal Assistants under the age of 16 years should notify the stewards at the time of entry into the Stadium via the disabled entrances, of their location in the ground in case help is required e.g. during an emergency evacuation or any other instance.
For those disabled supporters who do not require a ticket for a personal assistant, the club have in place Disabled help stewards in the stadium on match days.

Disabled help stewards provide assistant including:
- Help with entry into the ground and location of seat/position and exiting from the ground;
- Safe evacuation should it be necessary

Sometimes my condition means that noise gets too much – is there somewhere that I can go to calm down?

If you temporarily need a quiet area due to your condition, please contact a Steward who will be able to access a quiet room for you.

What do I do if something concerns me about a member of staff?

On a matchday, you can report the concern to a Steward. If you are not comfortable doing this then you can contact the Safety Officer on 0113 367 6026; or by post to Safety Officer, Leeds United Football Club, Elland Road, Leeds, LS11 0ES.

Alternatively, contact the Head of Safeguarding on:

How do I report something I am worried about?

There are several ways you report something you are worried about.

On a matchday:

You can tell your nearest Steward, alternatively you can request to speak with a specially trained Safeguarding Steward or ask to speak to the Stadium Designated Safeguarding Lead.

Alternatively, you can email the Head of Safeguarding on:

If you are concerned about the immediate safety or welfare of a child or adult at risk please contact: 999


Emergency Services

If you are concerned about the immediate safety or welfare of a child or adult at risk, contact: The Police / emergency services – 101 or 999 in an emergency.

Leeds United Safeguarding

To contact a member of the Leeds United safeguarding team, please contact:

Premier League Safeguarding

To contact a member of the Premier League safeguarding team, please contact:

FA Safeguarding

To contact a member of The FA safeguarding team, please contact:


To contact the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, call 0808 800 5000 or visit their website:

To contact Childline, call 0800 1111 or visit their website:

Leeds City Council - Adults

For Adult Social Care, call: 0113 222 4401 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, except Wednesdays when we're open from 10am)

Call with SignVideo live BSL interpretation

Out of hours phone: 0113 378 0644


Leeds City Council - Children & Young People

For Children’s Social Care, call: 0113 222 4403 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, except Wednesdays when we're open from 10am).