Club also confirms home ticketing details for the 2021/22 season.
Leeds United are pleased to announce the on-sale date of our first Premier League home game with a full return of supporters. The match against Everton will take place on Saturday 21st August (KO 3pm) and tickets will go on sale at 1pm on Tuesday 10th August. Simultaneously the club can confirm the home ticketing details for the season.
The club has carried out a thorough review of the home ticketing policy ahead of the new campaign, including consultations with the Supporter Advisory Board and a benchmarking process against comparable clubs.
Our objectives have been to ensure that access to tickets is fair to all members and to maintain our commitment to keeping football affordable whilst ensuring we remain competitive on the field in the long term. Specifically;
- Season tickets will be frozen for the 10th season keeping them, on average, in the cheapest quartile of all Premier League season tickets.
- Children’s ticket prices in the Family Stand will be frozen making children’s tickets amongst the cheapest of all clubs in the Premier League. This means that young fans Under 11 will be able to attend a game for just £5 and those Under 16 can attend league matches for just £10 in the Family Stand. Please note that these prices are irrespective of the match category.
- Supporters with concession home season tickets who were due to pay increased prices due to a change in age category for the 2021/22 season have been informed that their 2020/21 concession is frozen, and they do not need to upgrade until the 2022/23 campaign.
- The United for 20 Years scheme was due to end 2023/24, but due to games being played behind closed doors last season, the scheme has been extended and will now expire season 2024/25.
- The launch of a ticket exchange will allow Season Ticket Holders to resell their tickets directly back to the club, on a match-by-match basis, if they are unable to attend any home league games. This will not only dramatically increase the number of tickets available to Members, it will also ensure that the stadium will be as full as possible.
- Tickets (with the exception of Juniors in the Family Stand) for Category A and B matches will be subject to small rises behind the prevailing rates of inflation having not been increased since the 2017/18 season, but the club will also introduce a new Category ‘A+’ to reflect the different demand profile of the Premier League. However, despite this match-by-match prices will still be, on average, in the bottom third of all Premier League teams.
- A new membership tier was launched giving My Leeds+ Members first priority on the ticket exchange along with more digital and exclusive content.
- The buying window will move to 1pm (in response to supporter demand) to assist working supporters to access the internet or call the Ticket Office more easily at lunchtime.
The pricing structure is split into five price bands, including Adult, Under-11, Under-16, 16-18 years, and Concessions* amongst the following areas of the stadium: Family Stand, North and South Stands, East Stand Upper Wings (adult tickets only) and East Central Lower with East Stand Upper and West Stand (please find prices on the image below).
Supporters should also be aware that the Premier League have a £30 cap on all adult away tickets in the league which may explain why a home supporter is paying more for their ticket than an away fan in the West Stand.
All of the information for supporters can be found below with regards to the pricing, home ticket policy and our refund policy:
Home Ticket Sales Policy
- Approximately 3 weeks prior to the game tickets will go on sale to ALL 2021/22 My Leeds Members, 1 ticket per Member, on a first come first served basis.
- The on-sale time for home tickets has been changed to 1pm to allow supporters to access the internet or call the Ticket Office more easily to be able to apply.
- Once all general admission tickets have sold out, the club will then allow Season Ticket Holders to return their seats via the online Ticket Exchange. Season Ticket Holders can return their seat right up until 90 minutes prior to kick off.
- Approximately 5 days before the game, any tickets that have been returned via Ticket Exchange will be released for My Leeds+ Members to purchase during a 2-day priority window (1 ticket per My Leeds+ Member) on a first come first served basis. In the event that any tickets remain after the My Leeds+ priority period, they will then be made available to My Leeds Members. An announcement will be made via leedsunited.com referencing these on-sale dates.
- Members are advised that when purchasing a home match ticket, the ticketing system will automatically calculate the ticket price based on your Membership package. For example, an Adult Member will be charged the adult match ticket price. The calculated match ticket price cannot be amended or exchanged.
- Following further feedback from supporters there will be a restriction on the number of home tickets that can be purchased in one transaction online – this will be capped at 10 tickets, to still allow groups to arrange travel together.
Match Ticket Refund Policy
To comply with the Premier League rules, our match ticket refund policy has been amended. Match tickets can now be returned to the Ticket Office for a refund (excluding booking fees) up until 24 hours prior to kick off. Any returned tickets will be resold via the Leeds United Ticket Exchange.
Our online booking fees remain at £1.00 per ticket. Any tickets purchased via the Call Centre will incur a £1.75 per ticket booking fee.
Tickets for our first home game of the 2021/22 Premier League season versus Everton, taking place on Saturday 21st August (KO 3pm), will go on sale to ALL 2021/22 My Leeds Members at 1pm on Tuesday 10th August. This match is a Category A fixture.
For more information or if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the Leeds United Ticket Office on 0371 334 1992.
*Concessions = Seniors aged 65+, young adults aged 19 to 22 years and disabled supporters.