We find out more about the new Leeds United goalkeeper
1) Francisco Casilla Cortes was born in Alcova, Spain on Thursday 2nd October 1986.
2) Leeds United is Casilla’s fifth club of his career, but his first outside of Spain, having had two spells at Real Madrid and also playing for Espanyol, Cadiz CF and Cartagena.
3) On Sunday 20th January 2008, Casilla made his La Liga debut, featuring for Espanyol against Real Valladolid.
4) After winning caps at Under-19 and Under-21 level for Spain, Casilla earned his first senior cap against Germany on Friday 29th August 2014.
5) Casilla is not the only Spanish international in the current Leeds United squad. Winger Pablo Hernandez also won four caps for Spain from 2009-2010.
6) The goalkeeper has also been capped five times by Catalonia, but as the national team is not affiliated with FIFA or UEFA, this has allowed him, along with a number of other players to play for both Catalonia and Spain.
7) Casilla returned to Real Madrid in the summer of 2015 and featured in each of their UEFA Champions League campaign successes in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
8) Casilla was in goal for the 2016 UEFA Super Cup Final win over Sevilla on Tuesday 9th August 2016.
9) Real Madrid won 10 trophies during his second spell at the club- the UEFA Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup three times each, the UEFA Super Cup twice, along with La Liga and the Supercopa de España.
10) When Casilla plays for Leeds United, he will become the third player since the millennium to have played for both the first team of Leeds United and Real Madrid- the other two being Jonathan Woodgate and Raul Bravo.