Special competition launched to celebrate ongoing partnership.
Leeds United recently announced another year of working closely with Yorkshire Cancer Research, making the organisation our Official Charity Partner for a second successive season.
To mark the occasion and celebrate another campaign working in partnership together, Yorkshire Cancer Research are inviting supporters to nominate someone special for the chance to win hospitality tickets throughout the season.
In association with the Yorkshire Evening Post, the two organisations will ‘give back’ to the fans who have continued to support the club during the pandemic with crowds returning in full force at Elland Road.
For more information on how you can get involved in the competition, and how you can make your very own nomination, please see below:
Nominees must either :
- have a personal experience with cancer
- have experience of caring for someone with cancer
- work in cancer care
Closing date: 24 September 2021
Winners announced: 11 October 2021
Each winner will receive a fantastic hospitality package, to include:
- Four executive seats for a Premier League match at a packed-out Elland Road
- A pre-game meal and complimentary drinks in an executive suite, along with half-time and full-time lounge access
- A complimentary copy of the Official Matchday Programme and Official Team Sheet for every guest
All nominees must be happy to be involved in publicity to help raise awareness of cancer risk factors, early diagnosis, screening, and treatment as well as the work funded by Yorkshire Cancer Research.
- Laura Collins, Editor of the Yorkshire Evening Post
- Dominic Matteo, Leeds United cult hero
- Juliet Glendinning, Director at Yorkshire Cancer Research
- James Mooney, Head of Communications at Leeds United
- Phil Hay, Leeds United writer for The Athletic
Top tips for your nomination:
A good nomination can include an image or video of your nominee, their full name and how you know them. We want to know why you think they’re so special, and why they deserve to win tickets. Are they a lifelong Leeds United fan who has had a personal experience of cancer? Have they been a fantastic carer for a loved one with cancer? Do they tirelessly work in cancer care? Do they get involved in fundraising efforts to help others with experiences of cancer? Your nomination is a celebration of a deserving person in your life, so tell us about them in as much detail as you can.
There will be 10 winners chosen, so if you would like to make your nomination, please click here. Or to find out more about the important work being done by Yorkshire Cancer Research in our community, click here.