Whites record third win in a row.

Professional Development League 

Ipswich Town 2 (Drinan 57, 73)  Leeds United 3 (Dalby 16, 52, Machuca 58)

Leeds United Under-23s recorded a third win in a row, defeating Ipswich Town in a five goal thriller at Portman Road.

Leeds had the first chance of the match inside four minutes, Bryce Hosannah did well down the right wing, before picking out Alex Machuca in the box, but he couldn’t keep his effort down.

Ben Folami went close at the other end for Ipswich, when he fired just wide of Kamil Miazek’s goal.

Leeds then tried a well worked free-kick, with Hugo Diaz passing to Oriol Rey in the box with a pass, but Jack Clarke couldn’t get on the end of his setup.

Miazek was then forced into action, making a relatively easy stop to deny Ben Morris’ low effort from 25 yards.

Leeds took the lead in the 16th minute, Clarke did well down the left and fed Tyler Denton, he found Sam Dalby in the box, in space and he fired home.

A minute after the goal, Leeds should have doubled their lead, Clarke drove forwards on the counter attack and the ball fell to Madger Gomes inside the six yard box, but he was denied by Nick Hayes.

Diaz then tried his luck from range and was just inches away from finding United’s second of the evening.

The home side almost got back into the match from a corner, Folami headed just wide following a Morris delivery.

Clarke then went close for Leeds with an effort from the edge of the box, before Miazek made a great save, tipping Aaron Drinan’s long range effort over the crossbar.

The Whites then went close from a set piece, Clarke spotted the forward run of Tyler Denton and picked him out in the box, he had time and space to shoot, but could only find the side netting.

On the stroke of half time, Leeds had another good opportunity, following a corner, Clarke found Dalby in the box, he teed up captain Paudie O’Connor, but his effort deflected wide.

Half Time: Ipswich Town 0-1 Leeds United

Leeds went further ahead seven minutes into the second half, Dalby latched onto a long ball forward from Pascal Struijk, before showing good strength to fire home his second of the game, low past Hayes.

Ipswich then got themselves back into the match in the 57th minute, when Drinan headed home a Conor McKendry corner.

However Leeds restored their two goal cushion less than a minute later, when Machuca latched onto a through ball from the left and found the bottom corner with a fine finish.

Clarke almost added a fourth Leeds goal when he got on the end of a poor backwards header by Chris Goteni, he went through on goal, but dragged his effort wide.

It was the Tractor Boys who found a way back into the game once again though, Folami did well down the left and he picked out Drinan in the Leeds box, who netted his second goal of the match.

With seven minutes remaining, Clarke did really well down the left flank, he got the byline, before finding Gomes in the box, he controlled with his chest, but saw his effort blocked.

Leeds then saw out the rest of normal time and three minutes of additional time, to record a third win in a row and extend their unbeaten run to six games.

Full Time: Ipswich Town 2-3 Leeds United

Leeds: Miazek, Hosannah, Denton, Struijk, O’Connor, Diaz, Rey, Gomes, Dalby (Balboa 79), Machuca (Stevens 70), Clarke (Oduor 89).  Subs not used: Male, Oduor, Stevens, Balboa.

Venue: Portman Road