We’ve caught up with Leeds United Ladies player Rachel Stuart in today’s question and answer feature. Rachel tells us about her pre-match rituals, inspirations and her favourite TV and films. Read more below!
1. Do you have any pre-match rituals?
I usually just listen to music on the way to the game and have a laugh with Rebecca Jeffels!
2. What inspires you to play football?
My dad played from a young aged and he’s always been there to support me – he never misses a game so he’s got to be my inspiration.
3. What is your favourite memory of playing football so far?
The best memory so far has got to be playing at Elland Road and winning. As a Leeds United supporter it was an honour to play for the badge on the pitch.
4. What’s your pre and post match meal?
Before the match it would be beans on toast and a banana and after it would probably be my mum’s Sunday dinner!
5. Who’s your best friend on the team?
My best friend on the team has to be Rebecca Jeffels, we’ve been friends for a long time and she makes me laugh.
6. Do you like any other sports?
I’ve always been interested in different sports growing up. In school I tried a range of different ones.
7. What’s your favourite TV Programme?
It has to be One Tree Hill.
8. What do you like doing in your spare time?
In my spare time I like to spending time with my family and coaching sports to children.
9. Who got you into playing football?
It was a team called ‘Team Theme’ at Primary School and then my auntie encouraged me to join Rothwell Town and it went from there really.
10. What’s your favourite film?
My favourite film is Pitch Perfect!