We’ve caught up with Leeds United Ladies player Jenny Clark in our question and answer feature where we’ve found out about her favourite memories of playing football, other sports she likes and her favourite TV programmes and films. Have a read below!
1. Do you have any pre-match rituals?
I would say that I don’t really have any pre match rituals but I am like the team DJ and I’m always the one with the speaker on a weekly basis.
2. What inspires you to play football?
I have always played from a young age and watched the game and that has always inspired me to play.
3. What is your favourite memory of playing football so far?
My favourite memory so far has to be playing at Elland Road at the start of this season as Leeds United. Leeds is the team I have grown up supporting and still support to this day and playing at the ground was an amazing feeling and privilege.
4. What’s your pre and post match meal?
Before a game I usually have porridge and fruit. Post match varies on what I eat but usually something full of carbs to help recovery and plenty of fluids.
5. Who’s your best friend on the team?
I would say I get on with everyone on the team and don’t really have one best friend.
6. Do you like any other sports?
I like all sports, but I used to play ice hockey and enjoy watching rugby.
7. What’s your favourite TV programme?
I enjoy watching Hollyoaks (that is when I get chance to watch TV!)
8. What do you like doing in your spare time?
Not going to lie I enjoy a good night out in my spare time. Work hard play hard and all that!
9. Who got you into playing football?
My dad used to play and I have always watched football with him growing up. Also being a bit of a tomboy when I was younger, I used to play with the lads at school and just continued from there.
10. What’s your favourite film?
It's got to be Drop Dead Fred - a quirky comedy full of mischievous adventures!