From her pre-match meals to her favourite TV shows, Leeds United Ladies midfielder Jemma White tells us about her and her inspirations to play football..
1. Do you have any pre-match rituals?
I usually have a little walk out on to the pitch and have some banter with the girls about their weekends! I have to make sure I’m sat in between Cath Hamill and Bec Hunt – it’s our thing.
2. What inspires you to play football?
Football runs in the family and all three generations have played – but I’m the only girl holding down the fort.
3. What is your favourite memory of playing football so far?
It’s got to be playing at Bramall Lane in the FA Cup. My whole family came to watch so it’s a great memory for me.
4. What’s your pre and post match meal?
I usually eat beans on toast or banana and porridge before a match and then something full of carbs to get the energy back in after.
5. Who’s your best friend on the team?
Bridie Hannon - we’ve played football together for years, she’s an original.
6. Do you like any other sports?
I like ice hockey and basketball.
7. What’s your favourite TV programme?
I really like Friends and 24 hours in A&E.
8. What do you like doing in your spare time?
I like eating!
9. Who got you into playing football?
My dad and brother got me into playing football. I used to put on their kits when they would play!
10. What’s your favourite film?
My favourite film is Water For Elephants.