REPORT: Leeds United Women 1-2 Liverpool Feds

REPORT: Leeds United Women 1-2 Liverpool Feds

Late defeat for Leeds United Women.


Leeds United Women 1 (Brown 40’) 

Liverpool Feds 2 (Kinvig 84’, Fisher 90+8’)


Leeds United Women: Kirkham, Hewson, Hannon (c), Hamill, Smart, Hughes, K Hunt, R Hunt, Nolan, Brown (Findlay 88), Bartup: Subs not used: Hinson, Hill 

Liverpool Feds: Darbyshire, Kinvig, Pope, James, Charlton, Thompson, Clark (Rogers 78), Seagraves, Mortimer, Fisher, Slade (Cole 68), Subs not used: Farley, Parry. 


There was heartbreak in the 98th minute for Leeds United Women, as Liverpool Feds came from behind to score two late goals and win the match. 

The visitors were on the front foot in the opening stages, with Fisher shooting just wide after four minutes and Seagraves testing Kirkham after eight. 

Leeds had their first chance after 18 minutes when Laura Bartup twisted and turned before forcing a smart save from the Liverpool goalkeeper. 

Liverpool had the clearest chance of the first half when Thompson prodded inches wide of the Leeds goal. Kirkham then had to be quick to get back to save from Thompson before Bartup hit the crossbar for Leeds.

The Whites did take the lead five minutes before the break after lovely inter play from Aaliyah Nolan and Rebecca Hunt, who then found Abbie Brown to fire into the back of the net.  

Laura Bartup almost made it two when put clean through, but the Feds keeper was out quickly to deny her. Shortly after that save, Mortimer shot over from 20 yards for the visitors in the final piece of action before the break.

Half Time: Leeds United Women 1-0 Liverpool Feds 

Liverpool missed a golden chance to level matters just after the break when Fisher smashed over from close range, before Kirkham made a brilliant save to deny Mortimer from point blank range in a pulsating beginning to the half. 

Mortimer was causing Leeds all sorts of problems, hitting another effort over then flashing a shot across the face of goal. 

Leeds almost made it two when Nolan hit the crossbar and Hinson was denied by the visiting keeper twice, who was having an impressive game. 

Rogers then fired over for Feds, before the equaliser came when Kinvig tapped in from close range in the final 10 minutes.

The game then entered stoppage time and with the match heading for a draw, Feds won it when Fisher scored a header at the back post. 

Full Time: Leeds United Women 1-2 Liverpool Feds

Venue: Global Stadium

Referee: D Mitchell