McCormack and Warnock secure victory at Huish Park...

YEOVIL 1 (Miller 32), UNITED 2 (McCormack 46, Warnock 62).

Yeovil: Stech, Ayling, Duffy, Webster, McAllister, Dawson (Lawrence 83), Lundstram (Hayter 89), Edwards, Grant (Morgan 83), Miller, Moore. Subs. Dunn, Foley, Lanzoni, Twumasi.

United: Kenny, Byram, Pearce, Lees, Warnock, Murphy, Austin, Mowatt (Smith 46), Kebe, Stewart, McCormack. Subs. Cairns, Peltier, Wootton, Tonge, Brown, Hunt.

Referee: P Tierney

Booked: Edwards (Yeovil), Austin (Leeds).

Att: 7,986 (2,100 Leeds)

United manager Brian McDermott named an unchanged side following last weekend's Yorkshire derby victory over Huddersfield Town. There was a return to the matchday squad for United striker Matt Smith after the forward served his three match suspension.

United's in-form striker Ross McCormack tried his luck from distance in the opening minutes but his strike went over the crossbar. Blustery conditions limited United with the away side playing into the wind in the first half. Paddy Kenny struglled with his goal-kicks as the wind halted any progression going forward. Before the 10 minutes were up the Somerset weather set in and the rain came down.

On the quarter hour both sides saw good chances go missing. First United broke well when Alex Mowatt released McCormack, the Scot was tackled but Cameron Stewart picked up the loose ball. The winger made his way into the box and teed up McCormack, whose shot went wide of the mark. The home side respond by using the wind to their advantage and attacked on the break. The attack ended with a Kieffer Moore shot going just wide of Kenny's post.

The conditions at Huish Park were affecting both sides with the ball outrunning the Yeovil forwards and United struggling to get the ball in advanced positions. Although when United played the ball on the floor they looked dangerous and were cutting the home side open.

But it was Yeovil that broke the deadlock on 32 minutes. The goal came about from a corner for the home side and it was Ishmael Miller that rose highest in the United area to powerfully head the ball past Kenny.

Just minutes later the home were almost in again when Miller broke the outside trap, but to United's relief the wind carried the ball through to Kenny. Then, moments later Joel Grant timed his run to perfection and Kenny's clearance rebounded off Grant and the ball just went over the bar.

With five minutes of the half remaining United had a great chance to level the contest. Sam Byram charged down the Yeovil defence and the ball turned into the path of McCormack, the striker went to chip Marek Stech but the ball didn't go high enough to beat him.

But, Yeovil were given the chance to double their lead before the interval when Byram brought Kevin Dawson down in the box. Miller was the man that stepped up for the home side but the big striker smashed the ball in the United fans behind the goal, with the ball clipping the top of crossbar on it's way through.

Brian McDermott made one change at the interval with Smith being introduced in the place of Mowatt.

United were level within 40 second half seconds. McCormack picked up the ball on the edge of the Yeovil penalty area and the Scot placed a stunning strike into the top corner, giving the keeper no chance.

United were unlucky not to be ahead on 50 minutes. Rudy Austin smashed a powerful drive goalwards and the home side had their keeper to thank after Stech made a fantastic save.

The second half continued in the same fashion for United as Stewart had the next chance. The winger broke forward, he had options in the box but chose to go alone and his shot was deflected behind for a corner.

United had turned the game round in the opening 17 minutes of the half when Stephen Warnock put United ahead. The full-back used the conditions to his advantage when he struck a 35-yard free-kick goalwards. The wind carried the ball over the head of the onrushing Stech to give United the lead.

The home side had their first real chance of the half minutes later when they attacked in numbers. United's second goalscorer Warnock was on hand to take the ball away from Joel Grant's feet and clear the ball to safety.

Following the home side's chance United began to camp in their half of the field. United kept the pressure on the home side and saw four corners in quick succession. With 10 minutes remaining Austin struck from distance but his strike went wide. Moments later Jimmy Kebe was played in by McCormack but the winger rushed his effort and blasted the ball over the bar.

Just minutes later Smith and McCormack combined well for the Scotland international to strike for goal but Stech pulled off a good save to thwart the league's top marksman.

McCormack's strike proved to be the final meaningful effort on goal for either side, with United's two second half strikes securing the away victory in Somerset.