Home side run out 4-1 winners...

BOURNEMOUTH 4 (Kermorgant 2, 51, Grabban 18, 28), UNITED 1 (McCormack 69).

Bournemouth: Camp, Francis, Surman (O'Kane 54), Arter, Harte, Elphick, Cook, Grabban, Pugh, Ritchie (Rantie 78), Kermorgant (Pitman 83). Subs. Allsop, Ward, Smith, MacDonald.

United: Butland, Byram, Lees, Pearce, Pugh, Murphy (Stewart 58), Austin, Mowatt, Hunt (White 58), McCormack, Smith. Subs. Cairns, Zaliukas, Wootton, Tonge, Walters.

Referee: J Adcock

Att: 10,109 (Leeds 1,388)

Following the recall of Connor Wickham United manager Brian McDermott made one enforced change to his side for the trip to Bournemouth by replacing the striker with Noel Hunt. There were notable changes to United's bench with Aidy White joining the matchday squad and young professional Lewis Walters was named on the bench for the first time in his career.

The home side came out of the blocks and gave United an early warning sign when Lewis Grabban looked to be through on goal, but the striker slipped at the vital moment. But just seconds later Bournemouth were in front. The goal came about following a hopeful shot from a corner that looked to be heading wide, but Yann Kermorgant turned the ball goalwards with a clever flick to give his side an second minute lead.

United responded well to the early goal and enjoyed a good spell of possession, without really troubling the home side's goal.

Bournemouth continued to look dangerous on the break and were playing good passing football. In the 18th minute Simon Francis was released down United's left and the full-back picked out Grabban in the middle of the box and the striker made no mistake in placing the ball into the bottom corner.

10 minutes later United's back-line was broken once again by the same two players that provided the hosts second of the evening. Francis broke down the right-hand side and his pass set up Grabban who kept a cool head to fire his side further ahead.

The home side were almost further ahead on the half-hour mark when Kermorgant's strike hit the post, luckily for United no-one for the hosts followed up the effort.

United ended the half on the front foot and once again enjoyed good spells with the ball but the visitors were left with an uphill challenge with the hosts leading the game by three goals at the interval.

The home side extended their lead in the game to four goals within six second half minutes. Ian Harte over-hit his free-kick but Francis picked up the loose ball and crossed for Kermorgant to head home his second of the match.

With United chasing the game boss Brian McDermott looked to add some pace to his attacking line-up just before the hour-mark by introducing White and Cameron Stewart.

Just after the 60 minute point Grabban could be forgiven for thinking that his hat-trick was sealed when he headed for goal but Jack Butland twarted the frontman with a great, fast reaction save. Moments later United had a good opportunity to pull one back from a Ross McCormack free-kick. The striker played a great ball towards the back post but the onrushing Matt Smith and Jason Pearce couldn't provide the finishing touch.

But, United did pull a goal back in the 69th minute thanks to a skillful run from McCormack. The Scot drove at the heart of the Bournemouth defence and once in the box he placed the ball beyond the reach of Camp into the back of the net.

McCormack's effort proved to be scant consolation as the home side ran out 4-1 winners.