We find out more about Leeds United's new midfielder...
1) Adam John Forshaw was born on the 8th October 1991 in Liverpool. On the same day, Leeds United defender Gary Kelly made his professional debut, coming off the bench in a League Cup tie against Scunthorpe United, which The Whites won 3-0, thanks to goals from Speed, Chapman and Sterland.
2) At the age of eight, Forshaw joined the Everton Academy, going on to train and play alongside the likes of Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Eric Dier (Tottenham), and Shkodran Mustafi (Arsenal).
3) On making his reserves debut against Wigan Athletic in March 2009, Forshaw lined up alongside current Leeds United player Eunan O’Kane in the centre of midfield. Becoming a regular for the reserves, Forshaw would also play in front of Matthew Pennington following the defender’s emergence into the reserves set-up.
4) David Moyes handed Adam his first professional start in 2009, naming him in the starting eleven for Everton’s Europa League Group match against FC Bate Borisov, with Forshaw playing the full 90 minutes.
5) Forshaw made his Premier League debut in April 2011, replacing Diniyar Bilyaletdinov in the 3-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers, in which former Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford opened the scoring.
6) Following the 2011/12 season, Forshaw was awarded Everton’s Reserve Team Player of the Year award after making 13 appearances, and scoring a goal in the 4-0 win over Newcastle United.
7) After continuing to impress for Everton’s Reserves, Forshaw joined Brentford on a one month loan in February 2012, making his debut in a 0-0 draw against Scunthorpe, in a side that featured former Leeds United midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.
8) After signing for Brentford permanently, Forshaw won the 2013/14 League One Player of the Year award, and was included in the League One Team of the Year. In a successful campaign which resulted in automatic promotion, Forshaw made 40 appearances and scored eight goals whilst playing alongside Leeds United winger Stuart Dallas.
9) After a brief spell at Wigan with former Whites manager Uwe Rosler, Forshaw moved to Middlesbrough in January 2015. Making 29 league appearances and scoring 2 goals during the 2015/16 season, Adam would experience promotion for a second time as Middlesbrough clinched automatic promotion from the Championship.
10) After a season in which he made 35 appearances in the Premier League for Middlesbrough, Adam Forshaw signed for Leeds United on the 18th January 2018. Becoming the side’s new number 4, Forshaw follows in the footsteps of Billy Bremner, -David Batty, and Oliver Dacourt who have worn the shirt.