We've had wraps, egg muffins, chilli con carne, and thai chicken burgers, now the performance nutritionists are serving up another delicious recipe, and this time it's... Chicken Katsu Curry!
Trying the recipes out yourself at home? Keep sending us your photos to Leeds United's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Top Tip: Make this Wagamamas special dish at home, which can be a training or rest day meal based on the low calorie & carbohydrate content. On workout days add rice! Enjoy!
2 Large Chicken Breast
3 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 Medium Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Lime Wedge, Sliced
15 g Ginger
1 Star Anaise
2 Tbsp Medium Curry Paste
1/4 Tsp Ground Tumeric
1/2 Tbsp Plain Flour
1. Heat oven to 200C fan/gas 7.
2. Blitz the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, then sprinkle over a plate.
3. Grease a small baking tray with a little of the oil.
4. Brush the chicken on both sides with the remaining oil and season well. Coat the chicken with the nuts and place on the tray. Press any remaining nuts from the plate onto each breast.
5. Bake the chicken for 20 mins or until cooked through. Rest for 4-5
mins on the tray, then slice thickly.
6. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium non-stick saucepan and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry gently for 8 mins or until softened and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in the curry powder, star anise, turmeric and a good grinding of black pepper. Sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
8. Gradually add 400ml water to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
9. Remove the pan from the heat and blitz the sauce until very
smooth. Serve with salad and enjoy!