Ever wondered what recipes our players try out at home? Tired of eating the same meals in lockdown?
We caught up with our Performance Nutritionists at Thorp Arch to bring you a series of simple but healthy recipes that you can enjoy over the next couple of weeks.
Kicking us off today, Chicken Fajita Wraps and Herby Sweet Potato Fries...
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 Medium Sweet Potato
125g Chicken Breast
1 Large Tortilla Wrap
1/2 Red Onion, Diced
1/2 Red & Yellow Pepper
1/2 Tsbp Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup of Coriander
1/2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1/2 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 Tbsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Wash sweet potatoes, halve lengthways and then cut into wedges.
3. Foil baking tray, drizzle olive oil over the wedges, then scatter with oregano. Use finger tips to rub olive oil and oregano evenly over the wedges. Pop on middle shelf of oven for 30 minutes.
4. Peel and slice red onion, then wash and slice red pepper and yellow pepper. Set aside.
5. Cut chicken into thin strips. Then use your hands to coat chicken in paprika and cayenne pepper.
6. Fry the chicken strips for approximately 4 - 5 minutes on each side.
7. Next add in the red onion. Fry for 1 minute before adding in the peppers. Stir in the tomato puree and a splash of water to form a thick tomato sauce. Continue to fry for another 5 minutes.
8. Roughly chop the fresh coriander. Chuck half into the pan and reserve the other half for garnish.
9. Bring the sweet potato wedges out the oven ready to serve.
10. Assemble wrap & enjoy!