CEO takes part in Q and A on new education course.
Leeds United College recently joined together with Salford Business School to create an online course designed especially for academy footballers and those in player-facing roles.
This is the first time a course at degree level has been designed specifically for aspiring footballers and those professionals who are ready to consolidate their learning, expertise and experiences in the global football industry.
The educational programme, BSc Applied Football Studies, is designed to allow students to develop skills and knowledge on the pitch and in the classroom at the same time. Using online delivery the footballers can participate in classes between their training sessions.
Angus Kinnear, the CEO at Leeds United Football Club, has taken part in a question and answer session to give more detail into the educational course, offering advice to those thinking about taking on a programme aimed at young professional players and others working in the football industry (please see below).
The three-year programme combines classes in sport development along with practical business skills and is delivered online and created with full-time football players in mind. The course also recognises football as a significant business in its own right and examines the relationship that exists between sport and business. By following a blended learning approach, it allows you to combine study with working.
This is a practical course which builds on your experience as a player or in a player-facing role. Students will develop strong skills relating to the business side of football and facilitate career progression into a wide range of roles across the sports industry.
What is involved in the course:
- Study a programme that has been informed by research and professional practice
- Combine practical learning in coaching, condition, talent management and core business skills
- Learn through a combination of activities, lectures and seminars delivered online and face to face
- Be supported to learn by your club as well as through access to tutors from the University of Salford
- Learn from tutors with a practical understanding of football and the wider sports industry
- Develop skills that build on the ambassadorial duties and influence of player-facing roles
If you would like more information or believe this exciting opportunity is right for you, then please apply by emailing email@example.com.