Course delivered by Foundation and Prince's Trust.
The Leeds United Foundation are once again teaming up with the Prince’s Trust on the I Can Lead Award, with places available for young people during August 2022.
The initiative is aimed at those aged 16 to 30 and is a programme used to encourage participation and leaders in sport and physical activity. For those who are interested in pursuing a career in football coaching, leadership positions and wanting to develop their skills, this could be the perfect opportunity.
As part of the partnership with the club’s official charity, the Prince’s Trust are offering FREE places on the Get Started with Football Coaching course, which includes a Taster Day and a week of sessions.
During the course, participants will cover the following areas:
- Developing leadership skills
- Organisation for leading sport and activity sessions
- Health and fitness
- Fair play in sport
- Opportunities in sport and recreation
Participants will also be able to develop their skills and knowledge over the duration of the course, such as:
- Learning more about how football and sport can help with self-management and motivation
- Developing communication, teamwork and coaching skills
- Opportunity to meet new people, in turn helping to build confidence
- Gaining an I Can Lead Award qualification
The Taster Day event will take place on Wednesday 3rd August, with the week-long course dates taking place Monday 8th August through to Friday 12th August.
If you would like to register your interest in being a part of the Get Started with Football Coaching course, please email Daniel.Siggins@princes-trust.org.uk or for more information contact Nigel.Thewlis@leedsunited.com.