Make a difference in your job, work for Leeds United
An exciting job opportunity has arisen at Leeds United FC for a Deputy Safety Officer based at our fantastic Elland Road Stadium in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Elland Road has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is 'the only place for us' ever since. With a capacity of 37,890, it is England's 11th largest football ground in the Premier League.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
The Deputy Safety Officer will report to the Head of Matchday Safety & Security and will assist to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the safety of everyone attending events at the Stadium in accordance with the General Safety Certificate and the Club's Spectator Safety Policy.
This is a full time role and will include weekend work.
Some of the main duties would include:
- Assist in the line management of the matchday Stewarding and Security teams, including part-time and casual staff, understanding that as a small management team we work together to address any staffing issues with the support of HR
- Assist with the planning, implementation and monitoring of all matches and events at Elland Road Stadium, to ensure the management and operation of those events is fully compliant with national legislation and with the guidelines set down by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA).
- Assist in preparing matchday documents and setting up systems for stewards sign in and departure on matchdays
- Assist with inviting stewards and other safety staff to attend shifts on matchdays and training events
- Assist in providing matchday reports and feedback to EFL and within the club after each matchday, including wages and matchday costs
- Assist in responding to enquiries from stewards and others relating to matchday arrangements and training events
- Assist with the review of the ‘S’ and ‘P’ safety factor risk assessments for the stadium, recommending adjustments to the relevant risk assessments where applicable.
- Assist with carrying out relevant checks and assessments as required by the SGSA Green Guide, of physical infrastructure relating to matchday operations.
- Assist with the hosting of pre-match briefings and post-match debriefs, the production of associated documents and the review of post match reports, actioning any matters to be addressed.
- As a team of deputy safety officers ensure you are available to provide safety officer cover on all match / event days, understanding as a small team it is vital to work well together
- Assist with the building of key relationships with the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) and relevant officers from Leeds City Council, West Yorkshire Police, Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service, Yorkshire Ambulance Service, Sports Ground Safety Authority, the Premier League and other partner organisations, attending meetings as required.
- Assist with ensuring the stadium is fit for purpose and fully compliant with all Health & Safety legislation for the staging of all events on the premises, in accordance with the General Safety Certificate.
- Assist with the management of relationships with partner organisations in relation to the organisation and management of all matches and events, to ensure they meet a consistently high standard.
- Assist in the reviewing of operations manuals, polices, procedures and documents relating to matchday operations and security, updating as necessary.
- Advising and assisting as necessary in the provision of appropriate training across the matchday operations and security teams, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and industry best practice. Working closely with the Leeds United Assessors to ensure all training requirements are met.
Ideal Technical skills we look for in team members include:
- Must be qualified to NVQ Level 4 in Crowd Safety Management.
- Working knowledge of the SGSA Green Guide.
- Previous experience (minimum of 2 years) working as a safety officer or deputy safety officer within a sports ground setting, preferably at a football ground.
- Post-holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by Leeds United FC.
- A wide knowledge and experience of the safety issues in relevant sporting venues.
- The ability to implement and manage safety procedures at all levels.
- A positive attitude undertaking any aspect of the job role.
- Show initiative by being able to see and act upon the opportunities in any given situation.
- To understand the importance of confidentiality around sensitive safety matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interpret and implement policies as required.
- Flexible and a team player.
Ideal behaviours we look for in team members include:
- Inspires others and is a positive role model.
- Is personable and able to connect and build relationships with others easily.
- Demands high standards and has an attention to detail.
- Shares the vision and values of the Club and is motivated to achieve its objectives.
- Is responsible and acts in the best interests of the Club.
- Is open minded, innovative and willing to explore new ideas/concepts.
- Enjoys facing challenges and have the resilience and resourcefulness to see complex tasks
- Is proactive and able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Is a collaborator and relishes the opportunity to work alongside others to overcome challenges and achieve goals.
- Willing to share their knowledge experience as part of a community of practice.
- Able to work with players, staff and other stakeholders of varying ages, experience,
backgrounds and cultures.
- Committed to personal development and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and are motivated to be the best they can be.
- Able to promote the positive image of the Academy and the Club.
Equality & Diversity:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Safeguarding & Recruitment:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.
To apply please click on the link below to complete our online application form: