Make a difference in your job, work for Leeds United
An exciting job opportunity has arisen at Leeds United FC for Matchday Wellbeing Support Officer based at our stunning Elland Road Stadium.
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire and play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is 'the only place for us' ever since.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
Contract Type: Casual Contract
Hours of Work: Approx. 5/6 hours at Home Games
Salary: Starts at £12.44 an hour
Responsible to: Match Day Wellbeing Support Supervisor
Location: Elland Road Stadium, Elland Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 0ES
Aim of Role:
The Matchday Wellbeing Support Officer is part of the Wellbeing team with responsibility for the safeguarding and welfare matters for visitors to the stadium on matchdays promote a positive and caring culture across the matchday team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To attend all home matches and ensure relevant support or assistance for children, young people and adults at risk is given where necessary.
- To take a proactive approach to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk to ensure all Matchday staff and volunteers understand their role in safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk.
- Report and record safeguarding and/or poor practice concerns in line with the Club Safeguarding Policy
- Use MyConcern to log safeguarding reports and actions
- Remain in your allocated position at all times, unless authorised to leave by the Supervisor;
- Remain vigilant at all times
- Undertake and attend additional training as identified or as required;
- Any other reasonable duties.
Required Behavioural Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliable, punctual & honest
- Excellent communication skills
- Positivity and objectiveness
- Ability to use initiative and be creative
- Able to adapt to changes in a fast-moving environment;
- Adaptable/Flexible/Willing to make change;
- Ability to multi task, meet deadlines and maintain schedules;
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes without specific instruction;
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Confident and assertive
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
Qualifications & Skills:
- Having attended safeguarding training and/or relevant experience in a safeguarding, or welfare role.
- FA children safeguarding certificate
- FA welfare officer certificate
- A child-centred approach
- Experience of working with children, young people and adults at risk
- Experience of applying safeguarding policy and procedures
- Desirable – experience of working in large sporting venues
Equality & Diversity Statement:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate
Safeguarding & Recruitment Statement:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility.
This role will require an enhanced DBS.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
You must be over 18 to apply. If you are interested in the position and joining our friendly team please click on the link or scan the QR code below to complete our online application form.
Click on the Link to Apply: