Make a difference in your job, work for Leeds United
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We currently have an opportunity for casual scouts in the Leeds Area. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment.
The casual scout will work 0 hours per week including weekends and evenings to support the identification and assessment of young players with potential to join LUFC academy within foundation & Youth Phases, managing their own calendar and schedule.
This role is casual and includes weekend and evening work and the candidate must be flexible and adaptable to differing seasonal work patterns including 3 out of 4 weekends a month.
Hours: 0 hours per week
Salary: £15 per hour
Locations: Leeds & Surrounding
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is 'the only place for us' ever since.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide key support to our Head of Local 7-14 Recruitment in the identification and assessment of young players aged 7 -14 in local football including grassroots, schools, private academies and tournaments throughout the year.
- To build a in depth database and knowledge of local players 7 -14 in the catchment areas assigned.
- To scout and identify talent within Sector.
- To provide written performance reports from live games attended to support the decision making process .
- Develop an internal knowledge of current LUFC Academy players
- To contribute to any projects
- Attend any CPD/meetings as directed by the Head of Local Recruitment
- Promote a positive identity of LUFC to parents, local grassroots coaches and Clubs within your region.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge and scouting experience in local grassroots football
- FA level 1 Talent Identification.
- Use of technology to support talent identification process
- Network & contacts within local and schools football
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A TEAM MEMBER:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliable, punctual & honest
- Excellent communication skills
- Positivity and objectiveness
- Ability to use initiative and be creative
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Confident and assertive
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
SAFEGUARDING & RECRUITMENT:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form: