Work for Leeds United
Summary of Role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Duty Manager to join our team based at our fabulous Stadium on Elland Road, Leeds. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment.
The role is diverse from working match days, concerts, conferences, events, meetings and dinners. This person will look to manage the day to day running of catering meetings and events, supervising catering staff to deliver top quality service to all customers, motivated and productive ensuring key targets are met.
This role is full time and includes weekend and the candidate must be flexible and adaptable to differing seasonal work patterns.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7 on a rota basis
Location: Elland Road Stadium, Elland Road, Leeds, LS11 0ES
About The Company:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is 'the only place for us' ever since. With a capacity of 37,890, it is England's 11th largest football ground in the Premier League.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
Main Job responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the set up and general operations, ensuring service standards are met, and rooms are set up as prescribed for events and matchdays and attend these events when required by the needs of the business, which may be evenings and weekends.
- To conduct show rounds with prospective clients and improve first impression areas to deliver the ‘WOW’ factor
- Build relationships with external suppliers for any requirements that suit the business needs
- To distribute wet stocks and service bars, maintain liquor control procedures and to adhere to legal requirements in respect of the sales of alcohol to the public, and ensure all signage is correct and maintaining good standards of hygiene.
- To be responsible for cleanliness and hygiene of all bars and food service areas.
- To plan, manage and control all events whilst assisting the commercial team on ad hoc events and setting targets for events. Ensuring at all times complete customer satisfaction and inline with company safety and hygiene standards.
- To ensure that the highest standard applies to all areas on functions and events and that company health and safety policies are adhered to.
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, tidiness, and maintenance in all areas at all times.
- To ensure the highest standard of food and beverage service to the times instructed by the client.
- Be aware of stock levels and carry out stock rotation where applicable and to keep stock in line with the business demands, do not over stock.
- Ensure all deliveries are checked in, signed for and paperwork correctly documented.
- To control wastage.
- To ensure the control of all equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that misuse of establishment property does not occur.
- To ensure that all members of staff are trained to a level, which enables them to carry out their duties according to company standards.
- To ensure that all staff and casual staff adhere to departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times.
- To ensure that the variable staff payroll keeps within the operating targets as set by the General Manager.
- To inform the Operations Management team of any disciplinary matters regarding employees or problems with the day’s event.
- To ensure all till readings are completed correctly at the end of each day.
- To assist with paperwork and to be fully conversant with all paperwork involved in running the site efficiently and to ensure the correct paperwork is completed for due diligence.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To drive additional sales opportunities to increase sales in the venue through the engineering of a sales culture, focused marketing and account management
- To attend training sessions as required.
- To comply with any other reasonable request made by Senior Management
- To analyse match day procedures and improve the customer experience, representing the company professionally at the highest level
Required Knowledge Skills & Experience
· Exceptional organisational and time management skills
· You will need to be organised and presentable representing the club with pride
· Excellent communication and networking skills
· Work productively within a team to achieve collaborative goals
· Communicate effectively with peers
· Be a positive, respectful and helpful to colleagues and team members
What we look for in a team member:
· Applicant must be hard-working, highly motivated with a determination to succeed.
· Well-presented, highly organised and be able to work on their own initiative
· Confident and assertive
· Able to identify new business opportunities
· Experienced at working in a target-driven environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate on all levels
· High standards of sales and customer service skills
· Reliable, punctual & honest
· Ability to prioritise case load and manage time effectively and demonstrate good
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to use initiative and be creative
· Strong customer service skills
· Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
Equality & Diversity:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Safeguarding & Recruitment:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.
How to Apply:
You can apply by completing our online application form: