Make a difference in your job, work for the Leeds United
An exciting job opportunity has arisen at Leeds United FC for a Supporter Liaison Officer based at our fantastic Elland Road Stadium in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
We are looking to recruit a Supporter Liaison Officer to be a part of a forward-thinking Supporter Services team and to act as the key contact for all supporters.
Your role is to manage and enhance the relationships between the club and its supporters along with all key supporter groups under a philosophy of continuous improvement and engagement.
The Supporter Liaison Officer builds relations with the club management and the fans through two way communication, informing supporters about decisions made by the club and informing the club about the fan's point of view.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
This is a full-time role - 37.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm) In addition, the role may require to work on home and away matchdays which will be paid as overtime. A flexible approach is required.
Some of the key responsibilities would include:
- To be a bridge and improve communication between the fans and the club.
- To inform supporters of club decisions and communicate the fan point of view to the club.
- The delivery of the club’s policies regarding its supporters
- Ensure that there is a regular point of contact within the club for the club’s supporters.
- Liaising regularly with the club’s management (including on safety and security related issues as they affect supporters).
- Act as key stakeholder in external relationships with Leeds United supporters and supporter groups, relevant supporter facing personnel and all counterparts at fellow clubs.
- Work to enhance & develop the matchday experience for all supporters at Elland Road Stadium.
- Support Head of Supporter Services to implement new centralised customer feedback system.
- Set up and manage timely processes to log, action, report on and learn from supporter complaints.
- Establish procedures, templates, and resources to provide excellence customer service across the club such as information guides for fans (including away supporters) and updating fan related information on website.
- Attend the Supporter Advisory Board (SAB) meetings held at Elland Road along with any Supporter Liaison Officer meetings arranged by the League.
- Maintain contact and share best practise with Supporter Liaison Officers (SLOs) of club opponents.
It is essential that the ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience of delivering excellent service in a customer facing or communication role.
- A pro-active approach to the planning of multiple tasks and excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, under the pressure of a public profile
- Excellent communicator, able to converse with supporters in a welcoming, courteous and confident manner and positively engage with supporters of all ages and backgrounds.
- The ability to work on home and away matchdays (including evenings) and at other supporter attended events outside of normal office hours.
- A talent for effective, engaging written and verbal communication; and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- PC skills - Use of MS Office systems including MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good organisational, workload management and prioritisation skills.
Ideal behaviours we look for in team members include:
- Ability to use initiative and be creative.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and assertive
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn.
- A positive attitude undertaking any aspect of the job role
Equality & Diversity:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Safeguarding & Recruitment:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.
To apply please click on the link below to complete our online application form: