Vacancy: Training Ground Operations Manager
Make a difference in your job, work for the Leeds United
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We currently have a new opportunity for Training Ground Operations Manager based at our fantastic Academy based at our training grounds in Wetherby. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment.
The Training Ground Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management at Leeds United Training Ground, and act as a key contact for both the First Team and Academy departments.
Senior role with responsibility for on-site, day to day management of all non-technical functions at the training ground.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is 'the only place for us' ever since. With a capacity of 37,890, it is England's 11th largest football ground in the Premier League.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the facilities of the Academy ensuring that the highest levels of customer service and safety are achieved
· Manager and oversee the teams involved in the facilities operations of the Training Grounds, which include Kitchen, Reception, Cleaning, Security, Equipment and kit and Team Operations to ensure working effectively together to deliver all elements needed on a daily basis
· Act as the first point of contact for the First Team and Academy for any Operational issues
· Management of front of house and security staff at the Training Ground. This will include liaising with numerous departments to ensure that security staff are booked in to cover academy events or training sessions.
· Liaise with the Head of IT & Facilities to ensure any maintenance or facilities issues are resolved swiftly
· Manager the cleaning requirements and act as the first point of contact with the Cleaning Contractors
· Undertake daily, weekly, and monthly audits of various building KPI’s
· Responsible for event management and the running of any events held at the Training Ground.
· To liaise with key stakeholders and members of senior management staff in relation to the running of the training ground
· Assist Head of IT/Facilities with the procurement and management of contractors
· Ensuring health and safety protocols are followed.
· Ensuring relevant government and regulatory guidelines are followed.
· Maximising sustainability and implementing systems like recycling.
· Organising and managing office relocations.
· Advising building owners on energy efficiency and reducing running costs.
· Creating reports and making recommendations for better efficiency.
· Responsibilities for the maintenance and management of sports facilities, including gyms, swimming pool, physio areas, treatment rooms, classrooms, etc.
· Oversee and Liaise with the Senior Chef to ensure efficient food service to First Team and Academy players and staff
· Liaise with security for site security including visitors, deliveries, contractors and other persons accessing site
REQUIRED TECHNICAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Several years’ experience within any of the following sectors: Facilities Management, Workplace Management, Office Management, Operations Management
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- High standard of customer service and communication skills, with experience in managing key stakeholders and working alongside senior management personnel
- Project management experience
- Previous experience managing multiple outsourced contracts such as Cleaning, MPS, Maintenance, Security etc.
- Experience of overseeing other works e.g. contractors, cleaners etc.
- Experience of undertaking responsibility for the care and maintenance of premises
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis; ability to deal with emergencies occurring outside normal working hours following appropriate procedures
- Motivation to work with children & young people
- Full driving license would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards.
- Able to work effectively lead a team and also independently using own initiative.
REQUIRED BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative and be creative
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise case load and manage time effectively
- Confident and assertive
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
SAFEGUARDING & RECRUITMENT:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.
To apply please send a copy of your CV to our HR Business Partner at Lynsey.firstname.lastname@example.org