16-18 year olds
The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is intended for learners aged 16 and over, who are ready to make a positive contribution to the workplace and to the health and wellbeing of a broad range of clients with different needs, in different types of environments. The qualification is mapped to the CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) Personal Trainer professional standards so will enable you to pursue a career as a Personal Trainer.
The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is designed as a 1-year, full time course and learners must have achieved a Level 2 Fitness or Gym Instructing qualification before enrolling onto this qualification.
You will study:
• Applied anatomy and physiology for activity, health and fitness
• Client motivation and lifestyle management
• Programming personal training sessions
• Delivering personal training sessions
• Nutrition to support a physical activity programme
• Business acumen for personal trainers
English and Maths:
You will have access to our blended, innovative approach to the delivery of English and Maths to develop knowledge and skills crucial for success in future work.
Access to high quality internal and external work placement opportunities will support your application of new knowledge, as well as introducing you to potential employers for your future career.
Learners must have achieved a Level 2 Fitness or Gym Instructing qualification before enrolling onto this qualification.
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
• The programme requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary