16-18 year olds
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing will provide learners with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor in the Sport and Active Leisure sector. This qualification is aimed at learners that wish to progress on to the Level 3 Personal Training qualification or go into employment as a Gym Instructor.
You will study:
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Maximising the customer experience in a gym environment
• Supporting client health and wellbeing
• Conducting client consultations and gym inductions
• Planning and reviewing gym-based exercise programmes
• Instructing and supervising gym-based exercise programmes.
English and Maths:
You will have access to our blended, innovative approach to the delivery of English and Maths to develop knowledge and skills crucial for success in future work.
Access to high quality internal and external work placement opportunities will support your application of new knowledge, as well as introducing you to potential employers for your future career.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including one in English or Maths (this will not prevent entry to the programme where learners demonstrate appropriate behaviours and attitudes towards their English and Maths development), or a relevant Level 1 qualification, plus an ability to operate at Level 1 in either English or Maths.
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
Join the LUFC Mailing list and receive the latest news of Leeds United! Just enter your email address here and you are all set.