The Player Development Scholarship is a full-time educational programme which provides students with the opportunity to combine education with an elite football experience.
Developed to promote player pathways, the Scholarship allows students to train/play within an elite coaching environment.
Students are also highly supported with academic, vocational and employability progress.
There are a number of Hub locations for students to complete the course at, including; Leeds, Sheffield, Derby and Alvechurch.
This course starts in September 2020 and will take two years to complete.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma consists of 19 units of learning delivered over two years of studying.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete's Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Injuries
- Analysis of Sports Performances
- Talent Identification and Development in Sport
Five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above must be achieved and must include Maths and English. Candidates must also possess an interest in pursuing a career within the sports industry.