COVID-19 Supporter Code of Conduct
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 being spread when fans attend Elland Road. It is everyone’s responsibility to protect themselves and others. Remember to always act in ways which reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the virus.
By purchasing a ticket, you are agreeing to comply with this COVID-19 Supporter Code of Conduct when attending matches played at Elland Road until further notice. It applies in addition to the relevant Terms and Conditions and Ground Regulations which are available to view here.
Please be aware that government and local authority policy may change throughout the season, potentially at short notice. Supporters planning to attend should always follow the latest requirements and advice. In turn, this Code of Conduct may be updated at any time as the situation changes and should be read each time you plan to visit Elland Road.
You MUST NOT attend if:
- You or anyone else you are attending with has any COVID-19 symptoms and/or is required to self-isolate
- Any other COVID-19 restrictions affect you and mean you cannot or should not attend
- Aim to lateral flow test for COVID-19 on the day you attend a match
- Consider wearing a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces
- Arrive in good time to go through all the necessary entry procedures
- Be respectful to others in your vicinity (supporters and staff) by avoiding unnecessary close contact with people you do not know.
- Follow instructions from stewards or other staff to help ensure that the Stadium is carefully managed for everyone’s safety
- Contact your nearest steward if you feel ill or develop any COVID-19 symptoms while at the match
- Should consider your health, age, and clinical vulnerability before deciding to attend including careful consideration of associated risks. Visit nhs.uk for guidance. Please be aware that the club cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you should not attend.
Please BE AWARE:
- If you engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus you will be ejected from the stadium, the police will be contacted and you will be subject to the Club’s sanction tariff potentially including a lifetime ban.
- All other terms and conditions and Ground Regulations will continue to apply and must be complied with.
At the Stadium
- Please avoid bringing any bags into the stadium, any bag bigger than A4 will not be allowed in.
- Please refrain from touching the Match ball if it is kicked out of play and into the stands. A member of club staff will collect the ball from the stands in order to sanitise it and return it to the field of play.
- Maintain good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face whenever possible. If you touch any common areas (for example handrails) please sanitise your hands immediately. Supporters are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser in bottles no larger than 50ml.
- Observe good respiratory etiquette at all time – cover your mouth to cough or sneeze
- Please avoid gathering in congested areas.
- Kiosks will be open and food and non-alcoholic drinks should be consumed in your seat.
- For the safety of our staff and supporters, we are encouraging all fans to pay by card payment at the concourse kiosks. The club is moving towards a cashless stadium and there will be less tills accepting cash payments.
- Enter the Stadium and proceed directly to your designated seat (as identified on your ticket). You must only sit in the seat allocated to you and remain in your seat whenever possible.
- When moving past other spectators, to and from your seat, please avoid face to face contact with other supporters.
- Everyone must remain seated whilst watching the game.
ANY BREACH OF THIS COVID-19 SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DENIED ENTRY OR ASKED TO LEAVE THE STADIUM AND HAVING YOUR SEASON TICKET OR MEMBERSHIP SUSPENDED OR WITHDRAWN AND/OR MAY RESULT IN A SIGNIFICANT BAN FROM ATTENDING FUTURE MATCHES AT ELLAND ROAD.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.