Supporter Code of Conduct
COVID-19 Supporter Code of Conduct
Leeds United Football Club is committed to as far as possible ensuring the health and safety of spectators, and to providing as safe and suitable an environment as possible during this COVID-19 pandemic. In order to do this, all spectators must behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
By purchasing a ticket, you are agreeing to comply with this COVID-19 Supporter Code of Conduct. You must read and agree to follow this code at all times. This is designed to help create a safe and enjoyable environment and to protect you and your fellow supporters.
Please be aware that government and local authority policy may change throughout the season, potentially at short notice. Supporters planning to attend should always follow the latest requirements and advice. In turn, this Code of Conduct may be updated at any time as the situation changes and should be read each time you plan to visit Elland Road.
Should you attend?
1. You should not attend matches being played at Elland Road if applicable government guidance prevents you from doing so, for example, because you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace; are required to isolate after travel; or because you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms (including a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell or you have any other symptoms officially recognised as being symptoms of COVID-19), even if these symptoms are mild.
2. You should not attend if you or anyone you are attending with have tested positive for COVID-19 and not yet completed the period of isolation required by the Government, NHS and Public Health England.
3. Everyone must consider their health, age, and clinical vulnerability before deciding to attend including careful consideration of associated risks. Visit nhs.uk for guidance. Please be aware that the club cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you should not attend.
4. Please be aware that as a condition of purchasing or being allocated a ticket, you will need to provide your contact details to support and assist NHS Test and Trace. This information will be kept securely for 21 days before disposal.
Please read the Data Protection Notice https://www.leedsunited.com/privacy-notice
relating to this use of your personal information. All other terms and conditions and Ground Regulations will continue to apply and must be complied with.
5. While many COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, please be respectful of others and responsible in your behaviour. Inconsiderate, reckless or anti-social behaviour by anyone visiting Elland Road will not be tolerated.
6. You must not engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person or any conduct that can be reasonably construed to be intending to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person. If you do, you will be ejected from the Stadium, the Police will be contacted, and you will be subject to the club’s sanction tariff including but not limited to a lifetime ban.
7. Please respect those working at Elland Road. You must always follow signage and instructions issued by our staff. If you have any concerns please contact your nearest steward or matchday host.
8. All fans are encouraged to download the NHS COVID-19 app and check-in at the stadium. This will help to reduce the spread of the virus and protect other fans.
9. We encourage everyone to use lateral flow tests to test themselves for COVID-19 before they attend Elland Road. Visit gov.uk to order kits to your front door or to find a collection location.
10. Please continue to wear a face covering when you are indoors at Elland Road if you can. Although the legal requirement to wear a face covering in England ended on 19 July, the government recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces. Exemptions apply. If you wish to use an exemption card or badge, you can download an exemption card template. Therefore, all supporters aged 11 or over are recommended to wear a face covering whenever located in indoor areas, other than when eating or drinking, or where exempt. Face coverings are not required to be worn by supporters when they are seated in the Stadium bowl, which is left to personal choice.
11. Please supervise any children attending with you and ensure that they and others attending with you follow this Supporter Code of Conduct at all times.
12. If you feel unwell, particularly with a cough or temperature, contact your nearest steward or matchday host immediately.
13. Maintain good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face whenever possible. If you touch any common areas (for example handrails) please sanitise your hands immediately. Supporters are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser in bottles no larger than 50ml.
14. Observe good respiratory etiquette at all time – cover your mouth to cough or sneeze.
15. Be respectful to others in your vicinity (supporters and staff) taking a responsible approach to others, particularly those in close proximity, including avoiding excessive shouting/singing/celebrations as that increases the risk of transmission of COVID-19. You should avoid hugs, high-fives and any unnecessary close contact with people who are not known to you.
At the Stadium
16. Plan your journey in advance and arrive in good time to go through all of the necessary entry procedures and to avoid queues.
17. Please avoid bringing any bags into the stadium, any bag bigger than A4 will not be allowed in.
18. ID checks may be conducted on arrival for supporters aged 14 and over. Ensure that you are the named supporter on your ticket and be able to confirm this with acceptable photo ID on request.
19. Please refrain from touching the Match ball if it is kicked out of play and into the stands. A member of club staff will collect the ball from the stands in order to sanitise it and return it to the field of play.
20. Please avoid gathering in congested areas.
21. Kiosks will be open and food and non-alcoholic drinks should be consumed in your seat.
22. We are encouraging all fans to pay by card payment at the concourse kiosks. The club is moving towards a cashless stadium and there will be less tills accepting cash payments.
23. Enter the Stadium and proceed directly to your designated seat (as identified on your ticket). You must only sit in the seat allocated to you and remain in your seat whenever possible.
24. When moving past other spectators, to and from your seat, please avoid face to face contact with other supporters.
25. COVID-security requires that everyone must remain seated whilst watching the game.
ANY BREACH OF THIS COVID-19 SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DENIED ENTRY OR ASKED TO LEAVE THE STADIUM AND HAVING YOUR SEASON TICKET OR MEMBERSHIP SUSPENDED OR WITHDRAWN AND/OR MAY RESULT IN A SIGNIFICANT BAN FROM ATTENDING FUTURE MATCHES AT ELLAND ROAD.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.