United boss on Becchio transfer request...
Leeds United manager Neil Warnock has revealed that the club have turned down a renewed bid for striker Luciano Becchio.
The club announced on Thursday that the player had put in a transfer request after two bids from foreign clubs had been turned down.
"We'd turned down two bids and since we announced that we've had another offer which has also been turned down," revealed the manager.
"We'll see what happens over the next six days this week now. As we've said, he will only be sold if the deal is right for the football club.
"I have spoken to Luciano and what was said will remain private. I think it's obvious that he's been told about money which he may be able to earn abroad. I can understand that, he was a late starter in the game and he obviously has his family to think about.
"We offered him a new three-and-a-half year deal which is financially the best while I've been here. It was a Premier League contract, but it's a player's perogative to do what he thinks is right for him.
"We'll see what develops this week now. If Luciano is still here I have no problems with what he'll give me. He's scored more goals in half a season than he's had in some full seasons so I think he would acknowledge what we've done for him as well.
"It doesn't alter what I'm looking to do in terms of bringing players in either."
The boss also moved to dismiss suggestions he would not be moving for Swansea defender Alan Tate for financial reasons.
"That's not the case it all," he said. "I spoke with Alan and our circumstances had changed. When he came in I was desperate for a centre-half. Since then, Lee Peltier and Tom Lees have come together and my priorities have changed and I'm looking in other areas."